As part of Loughborough University, The Elite Athlete Centre has unique access to the UK's largest concentration of world-class facilities across a wide range of sports, including some of the very best outdoor facilities.
Grass and artificial pitches (football, cricket, hockey, American football etc.)
Artificial pitches. Across the campus, we have 5 artificial surfaces servicing the needs of Rugby, Football, Hockey, Lacrose and American Football.
- Rugby Rubber Crumb - Consisting of IRB International standard surface, fully floodlit with perimeter spectator fencing, and scoreboard the Rugby Rubber Crumb hosts matches including National League 1, Tyrrells Premier League and BUCS Super Rugby
- Hockey Water-based - The water-based pitch is an international standard dedicated hockey facility. The surface is the same as used at London 2012, and soon to be replaced to same standard as the Tokyo Olympics. The facility is fully floodlit, with dedicated spectator space, scoreboard and is serviced by the adjacent Hockey Pavilion.
- The EHB pitch - The EHB is a Floodlit Sand Dressed artificial surface, suitable for use for Hockey, Lacrose and small sided football
- PEC Rubber Crumb pitch - The PEC is a floodlit rubber crumb surface, suitable for Football, It is also widely used for Rugby training.
- Holywell Rubbercrumb - The Holywell Rubber crumb is a artificial rubber crumb surface, suitable for football and American Football. Equipped with permanent goals for American Football, alongside 11 a side and small sided football goals.
Loughborough University Stadium
Opened in 2012 and surrounded by 6 high level performance grass pitches the stadium accommodates crowds of up to 3,500.
Primarily a Football Stadium, the facility is capable of hosting other sporting events. In recent years the Stadium has played host to:
- UEFA European Under 17 championships
- BUCS Super Rugby Showcase games
- FA International Tournaments
- Showcase games against Premier League teams including Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool FC.
- Home Venue for Leicester City in the UEFA U19 Champions League
- Loughborough RFC vs The Barbarians
Home to the British Athletics National Performance Institute, the Athletics Centre includes the Seb Coe High Performance Athletics Centre, Paula Radcliffe Athletics Track, and Steve Backley National Throws Centre.
Athletics is integral to the history of Loughborough Sport, with the facility hosting the Loughborough International for over 60 years and the Loughborough EAP meet.
Seb Coe High Performance Athletics Centre
Opened in 2004 the HiPac is an indoor centre fully equipped across two floors to service all athletics disciplines. The centre includes:
- 8 lane 130m track
- International Standard Jumps facilities
- Indoor Throws areas for all disciplines
- Onsite strength and conditioning facilities
Paula Radcliffe Athletics Track
Built in the 1930’s as one the first buildings on the University campus, the iconic Paula Radcliffe Athletics Track is an international standard facility. Located Immediately adjacent to the indoor centre the facility comprises:
- 8 lane track
- International standard Throws and Jumps facilities
Steve Backley National Throws Centre
A unique facility located at the west end of campus, in close proximity to the Holywell Sports Complex that provides a high performance environment for covered outdoor throws training for all throws disciplines.