Altitude standard rooms
Using our altitude rooms
Sleeping at altitude should form part of a coordinated training plan and not used for recreational purposes. For safety reason, you would be required to slowly acclimatise to your required altitude level.
Our simulated altitude system goes from sea level to 5000m (Everest base camp) allowing you to sleep high and train low.
Athletes have long been aware of the benefits of sleeping at altitude which, when incorporated in to your training routine, can have significant performance gains.
Our altitude bedrooms are fed with a constant flow of air, either hypoxic or normoxic, to prevent an increase in respired carbon dioxide, and also bacteria and odours. The bathroom and lobby areas are separate from the altitude chamber and act as a buffer to best serve the hypoxic air supply to the bedroom.
Once the room is at the desired altitude, the oxygen percentage will remain within +/-0.1%. Each room has 2 oxygen sensors which regulate the oxygen concentration in the air flow at either 10%, 7% or regular 20.9% oxygen content.
It takes approximately 70 minutes for the room to come up to 2000m altitude and 240 minutes to come up to 5000m. This can be pre-programmed on a timer so that your room is at the desired altitude for your arrival.
- Individual control of altitude for each bedroom from Reception
- Stable air flow rate to each room, irrespective of number of rooms in use.
- Possibility to extend ceiling on selected rooms 5,750m to aid rapid mountain ascent attempts.
- Individual room LCD screens
- PLC controlled system (no PC or Windows based items)
- 7' zip and link twin beds
- Room dimensions – approx. 184 sq ft
- En suite bathroom
- 42" Flat screen TV
- Free unlimited 1Gbps Wi-Fi
- USB charger points
- Complimentary toiletries
- Tea & coffee making facilities (removed on request)
Bedrooms will not be set at altitude until the guest has completed our health and safety pack.
Altitude accessible rooms
Four of our 20 altitude rooms are accessible and fully DDA compliant, allowing any athlete to benefit from hypoxic conditions.Find out more
Twin standard rooms
24 of our 44 bedrooms are standard twin rooms with 7ft zip and link beds and extra touches designed specifically for athletes.Find out more