We deliver great experiences to all our guests and are proud to have designed The Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel to be fully accessible to all our para athlete guests. Every area is designed to be fully accessible and all our bedrooms have large door frames to accommodate wheelchairs. Eight of the rooms are fully DDA compliant, 4 of which are altitude rooms, making our unique facilities accessible for all.
Accessibility is about more than just the physical facility, it's our culture and attitude that sets us apart. We'll make you feel comfortable and be on hand should you need us.
We've made every effort to provide you with a detailed and accurate access statement but if there's anything we haven't covered, or you have a particular enquiry, please let us know.
- Our reception desk has a lowered section at wheelchair height
- We have a seating area in the main reception
- The reception area has a hard, slip-resistant floor
- We have 8 accessible bedrooms out of a total of 44
- All of which have level entry showers and wet room - no baths
- All of our accessible rooms have adjoining doors to another bedroom for guests who need to have their carer nearby
- All 8 rooms have alarms/pull cords for use in case of emergency.
- All 8 rooms have 'big button' hands free phones. These phones have speech amplification and are hearing aid compatible
- On request, we can provide a list of hire services for hoists/bed blocks
- All bedrooms have TVs with subtitles/teletext
Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- The accessible bedrooms are located close to escape stairs, each with a Refuge point.
- We have two fire rated lifts that can still be used in the event of a fire
- All exits on ground floor have level thresholds
- We have a unisex accessible toilet on the ground floor in the Reception lobby
- All signage meets the appropriate requirements with regard to visibility and legibility
- The restaurant is located on the ground floor
- Our chefs are able to meet any dietary requirement
- We have a choice of seating areas away from noise or congestion
- Assistance dogs are very welcome.
- Our website is W3C/WAI compatible.
- Our staff have attended training and have a good understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act and the National Accessible Scheme.